OUR FAVOURITE TRAMLINES 2018 MOMENTS
As 2018 draws to a close we thought it would be a perfect opportunity to list the best things that happened this year…
1. Our move to Hillsborough Park – The new site is easily the best thing to happen to Tramlines this year. Having everything based in one field rather than across the city centre has made Tramlines feel more like a festival! Not only this but it has made the atmosphere and user experience ultimately the best it has been yet!
2. The Comedy Line up – We’ve wanted to have a comedy lineup at Tramlines for years and we always struggled as it’s better in a marquee or venue. However, this year we managed it and definitely smashed it!
3. Into The Trees – The expanded Into The Trees area was a massive hit, with the Cinema and DJ’s, stone balancing, Circus skills and amazing stalls and food. It was a great area for the kids and ultimately provided an amazing alternative area.
4. 2018 Headliners – For quite a while we’ve wanted to aim high with our headliners and this year we hit the sweet spot to name a few… Noel Gallagher was great, Craig David said some lovely things about our Sarah and Clean Bandit were fabulous.
5. Sheffield – We had a great showing from our local artists! One of our aims is to showcase local upcoming talent and we definitely did that this year. All bands smashed it but to name a few… Bang Bang Romeo, Reverend, Milburn were all great and Wulfman Fury sounded AMAZING.
NOT FORGETTING the reaction to Tramlines 2018 – everyone absolutely loved the new site and the overall vibe. The most repeated comment we received was that people couldn’t believe that they were actually in Sheffield – “I’m sat just enjoying mi-sen and then the looks up and sees houses and t’ Wednesday ground and think bloody hell we’re in Sheff” 😂
The last ten years of Tramlines have all been amazing and this is down to our Festival Director Sarah Nulty. 2018 was the most amazing year for Tramlines yet and this is dedicated to Sarah and the great things that she has done, not only for Tramlines but for the people of Sheffield as a whole. 💙
Thank you all so much for your continued support and love. We look forward to seeing you in 2019!
Posted in 2018 Festival