WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU TO SHEFFIELD’S BIGGEST-EVER PARTY! 🎉
Some useful information to make your time at Tramlines even more enjoyable. Take a couple of minutes to read through the below so that know what to expect.
FRIDAY 19TH JULY – Gates open 3pm. Last entry to the queue 7:30pm. Gates close 8.30pm
SATURDAY 20TH JULY – Gates open 12pm. Last entry to the queue 7:30pm. Gates close 8pm
SUNDAY 21ST JULY – Gates open 12pm. Last entry to the queue 7:30pm. Gates close 8pm
BOX OFFICE OPENING TIMES
FRIDAY – 2:30pm – 7:30pm
SATURDAY – 11:30am – 7:30pm
SUNDAY – 11:30am – 7:30pm
ENTERING & EXITING THE FESTIVAL
Please use the below gates to both enter and exit the festival:
Penistone Entrance For General Admission, BOX OFFICE & VIP
Middlewood Entrance For General Admission & Access
To avoid queues we recommend you arrive as early as possible. Please remember that the first 500 people on site will be treated to an ice-cold pint of Camden Hells.
We expect that peak entry times will be from 17:00 – 19:00 on Friday, and 15:00 – 17:00 on Saturday and Sunday.
To speed up your entry we would love you to print your ticket and have it ready for scanning by our staff.
Please do not bring bags, If absolutely necessary ensure they are no larger than an A4 piece of paper. Please understand this will increase your queuing time.
Please note, Bag searches and security are in operation for your safety. so Please consider this and remember to be patient. Safety and security of festival goers is our number one priority.
Please ensure you arrive well before the time of the act you wish to see.
When leaving the site please remember to listen to instructions of our security and stewards, they are there for your safety.
To avoid the crowds we recommend you kicking back and sticking around for an extra drink at the bar. NEW FOR 2019 – The bars will remain open later than ever. We’ll be staying open at least 30 mins after the headliners finish allowing you time for a nice relaxed pint.
Traveling to and from the festival
- Tram – Supertram will run Trams every 6 minutes from Sheffield City Centre to Hillsborough Park – it is then a 2 minute walk to the site. Hillsborough Park Stop will be closed after the show. Download the Stagecoach Bus app for full timings and to buy your tickets before you travel! Visit supertram.com for more travel information, and make sure you follow Supertram on Twitter for live service updates throughout the weekend @SCSupertram
- On foot – The best way to get to Tramlines is on foot. We strongly advise against driving as we are expecting congestion around Hillsborough Park.
- Cycle – If you choose to cycle then please note we do not allow bikes on site, nor do we have options to store bikes securely.
- Train – If you are arriving into Sheffield by train you can get to the festival site by taxi or bus ride. This will take approx 15 mins.
- Bus – If you’re travelling via bus please alight at bus stop: Hillsborough Park
- Parking – There is no on-site parking at the festival. However, the following car parks operated by EST are available:
Niagara Centre, Marlcliffe School and Sheffield Wednesday Football Club (RAWSON SPRING CAR PARK) – These can be pre-booked here
- Taxi – If you need to use taxis we recommend City Taxi – download the City Taxi app here: http://bit.ly/CITYxTRAMLINES or call 0114 239 3939
WHAT TO BRING
TICKETS – Please print your physical etickets
CASH – Bars will be offering contactless card payment and ATMs will be onsite
ID – ID is a condition of entry. Children aged 12 and under go free to the festival but will need to book a ticket online alongside an adult ticket. We operate a strict challenge 25 policy at all bars. Passport, driver’s licence, Validate UK or Citizen Card are accepted. We will not accept photocopies.
REUSABLE BOTTLE – Remember to keep hydrated. There are plenty of water points inside the festival. If you would like to refill your bottle please feel free to bring up to a 500ml empty plastic/ steel bottle. UNSEALED 500ML DRINKS WILL BE ALLOWED
WHAT NOT TO BRING
BAGS – WE STRONGLY ADVISE YOU NOT TO BRING BAGS – If absolutely necessary ensure they are no larger than an A4 piece of paper. please understand that bring a bag will lead to increased queueing time.
FOOD/DRINK – No food/drink is permitted to (With the exception of a non-alcoholic unopened plastic bottle of up to 500ml and baby food). There are bars and lots of food options including plenty for vegetarians, vegans and the likes. /vegan.
CHAIRS – Seats and chairs of any kind are not permitted into the festival. There will be plenty of seating inside the venue should you wish to sit down during the day.
ALCOHOL – Please don’t bring any form of alcohol with you, any alcohol will be confiscated at the gates.
DRUGS – We operate a prevent, pursue, protect policy. This means, prevent illegal drugs getting onto the site. Pursue anyone suspected of supplying illegal drugs, protect the festival-goers. You will be searched on your way into the festival and if drugs are found you will be escorted off the grounds, you will not be allowed to enter the festival and police will be notified.
Full list of prohibited Items
- No professional video or sound recording equipment.
- No chairs, tables, windbreaks or gazebos
- No controlled substances (including psychoactive substances).
- No dogs or pets are permitted on site with the exception of assistance dogs.
- No glass, no cans, no gas canisters, no disposable barbeques.
- No fireworks, flares, smoke canisters or Chinese lanterns.
- No explosives, firearms, large knives, blades or replica weapons of any sort.
- No bikes, skateboards or scooters.
- No megaphones, large amplification equipment, klaxons or air horns.
- No large golf umbrellas, backpacks, stools, camping sticks, chairs, gazebos, parasols, sports equipment, flags, banners or other furniture.
- No tents, backpacks, large bags (bigger than A4), hi-visibility tabards or similar
Weekend Ticket holders will be allowed to re-enter the festival up until 8pm – with last entry to the queue at 7:30pm No entry for anyone after 8pm.
Day Ticket holders can’t re-enter the festival at any point. Once you’re in, you’re in.
We have a number of bars on site selling alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Tramlines operates the ‘Challenge 25’ policy. If you look under 25 please do not be offended if we ask you for proof of age when you buy alcohol. Please bring proof of ID to show you are over 18.
We accept the following forms of Identification:
- UK Passport
- Driver’s License or Provisional License
Plus the following cards (part of the PASS Scheme):
- VALIDATE UK
Please enjoy alcohol responsibly. Do not buy alcohol for persons under the age of 18, if you do you risk being ejected from the festival. We accept have full contactless payments on all bars and merch vendors across the festival. NEW FOR 2019 Bars will be open till 22:15 Friday and Saturday and 21:15 on Sunday, giving you a last chance to let the crowd get away and enjoy a pint on site.
Please protect your phones and belongings while at Tramlines. Please be advised that phone thieves are known to be targeting large scale music events. Keep your phone in a safe place such as a front pocket. Avoid back pockets or handbags that are easy to enter. Protect your phone by enabling a pin lock and write down all details including IMEI number and any tracker details (such as activating find my iphone).
Arrange a location to meet your friends if you do lose your phone. Please help us to keep yourselves and your property safe.
Official Tramlines merchandise will be available within the festival. There will also be limited Artist Merchandise on sale too.
Want to plan your festival weekend at Tramlines Festival before you arrive? Now you can.
The official Tramlines Festival 2019 Mobile App is now available for download from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store – completely free! The app lets you access news and festival information, view the sitemap, explore the line-up and most usefully plan your time at the festival.
DOWNLOAD FOR APPLE
DOWNLOAD FOR ANDROID
STAYING IN TOUCH / ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS
As well as the app, keep up to date with all Tramlines Festival Information on Twitter by following @TramlinesInfo
We will use this channel to get all the latest Safety Information, Stage Times and Updates – including Traffic updates.
You can also follow our updates on Facebook and Twitter.
We can’t wait to see you all at Hillsborough Park! We hope you enjoy yourselves! Here’s to the weekend..